Thursday 3 March 2011

It Begins.

The day you become a mother everything changes. You spend your life thinking primarily of yourself, never again. You don't know when it will happen, only that labour is imminent and you can never really prepare yourself.
I was very scared during my pregnancy that I would feel claustrophobic once my daughter was born, it so happens that it is the exact opposite. If she is away from me I get separation anxiety. Funny how life throughs you in to weird yet wonderful feelings.
Despite spending 20 years mainly thinking about myself I now struggle to do just that. Even when I 'try' and have some 'me' time, I can't. No matter how hard I try to concentrate on 'me' it is impossible. I am not resentful of this, I have never really been a selfish/self-involved person, however I do know that it is important to take care of yourself once in a while. Whether that is going for a manicure or having a nice long bath it should be done once in a while...but cough cough, a manicure! Who has time for a manicure whilst trying to juggle a baby?? If any of you know how this is done please let me know...

Task for today: Try to have some me time.

1 comment:

  1. you simply do whatever it is that will make you relax and smile. it can be anything from a simple bath, (watchin the footie) or going for a walk. i hope u got ur me time!

    ReplyDelete